The DNi Process™ is the most financially viable nickel processing technology at today’s nickel prices because the DNi Process™:
- Requires less capital investment with a significantly lower capital cost than HPAL for an equivalent nickel output.
- Has a very low operating cost – making the DNi Process™ one of the most cost-effective processes for the production of nickel and other co-products.
- Can treat the full laterite ore profile – both limonite and saprolite –maximising mine profitability with additional revenue from the sale of co-products such as cobalt.
- Is a flexible process able to adapt to changing market demands – can produce nickel metal, an MHP or an MOP.
- Is a hydrometallurgical process making it easily scalable.
- Is an environmentally friendly process:
- with around half the tailings footprint of an HPAL plant of the same capacity
- producing more saleable co-products (including cobalt, hematite and magnesium oxide)
- produces inert and bio-remediable tailings.